Integration for Slack Overview
The integration for Slack is needed to successfully sync your "In Meeting" status on Slack to Zoom. Here's everything you need to know.
- Requirements for using the integration for Slack
The integration for Slack is not much useful on its own without integrating with Zoom as well, so it's recommended to have both:
- Valid Slack workspace account
- Valid Zoom account and the Zoom app - doesn't work in the browser due to a limitation in the Zoom API
- How to install Zoom to Slack Status Updater's integration for Slack
Head over to the homepage and hit the "Connect to Slack" blue button.
- This will redirect you to Slack's login page (if you're not already authenticated in your Slack account). Login using your Slack account credentials.
- Once you've authenticated, a screen will appear prompting you to install the integration. Review and approve the permissions and click "Install". We only ask for the minimum required permissions to make the functionality available.
- You're done! You will be redirected to a page confirming that Slack's integration has been successfully installed. At the same time, we'll create an account for your on the platform, so you can manage your preferences or disconnect your Slack account at any time.
- Head over to the homepage and hit the "Connect to Slack" blue button.
- Syncing your status on Slack to Zoom meetings
If you've enabled the Zoom integration, adding the integration for Slack will automatically start syncing your Zoom in-call status to your status on Slack. Here's how it works:
- When you join a Zoom meeting, Zoom to Slack Status Updater will automatically update your status on Slack to reflect that you're in a meeting. You can customize the message and emoji. 😃
- When you exit a Zoom meeting, Zoom to Slack Status Updater will automatically clear your status on Slack to reflect that you've left the meeting or potentially restore it to whatever status it was before (ex: Lunch).
- How to uninstall Zoom to Slack Status Updater's integration for Slack
- You can do this right inside the Zoom to Slack Status Updater by pressing "Disconnect" on the integration for Slack.